What to do if you receive a nuisance call?
Here are some tips for what to do if you receive a nuisance call:
- Keep calm - these types of phone calls often try to gain a reaction from you
- Ask who is phoning you.
- Never give out any personal information such as your address, national insurance number or bank details.
- Inform them that you do not wish to receive these types of phone calls and request they remove you from their contact list.
- Hang up – you are in control of your telephone and you can end the call at anytime.
Note down any information about this phone call such as:
- The date and time of the call.
- The phone number used.
- The caller’s name/company name.
- Any content of the conversation.